Liaise with internal stakeholders and teams and proactively build valuable relationships to be the internal product champion across WSJ and Barrons’ live events
Lead sales conversations with creative ideas, custom executions and sophisticated digital solutions
Collaborate with the sales team - providing expert knowledge and ideas in proactive conversations and throughout the RFP process
Work with internal teams including the programming, video, design and editorial teams
Manage sales materials coordination and development for media solutions and partnership propositions
Develop senior client and agency relationships to help drive content revenue
Work with the strategy team to develop new custom and editorial solutions to proactively target clients
Focus on renewing business and securing incremental revenue opportunities from existing clients
Provide market knowledge, competitive intelligence to the internal sales teams
● A minimum of 3 years of experience in managing complex media sales with hands-on experience of solution selling to business level decision makers.
● BA or BS degree preferred
● Comfortable in all selling situations and in interfacing directly with senior decision making clients.
● Deep understanding of conferences plus other digital, mobile and print products.
● Keen awareness of social and social amplification options and vendors.
● Quick study, a passionate team player with strong creative thinking and idea generation skills.
● Comfortable selling to senior client decision makers
● Proven ability to find new opportunities in existing and new clients
● Comfortable working in a matrix organization, supporting other teams with your conferences specialist
● Strong writer with mastery of Word, ppt, excel, Dropbox, gmail/google docs and all major social platforms
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: WSJ MEMBERSHIP GROUP
Job Category: Sales Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17751