Join a fast-paced, multimedia sales team that understands how to talk about premium content and integrated solutions, as well as high impact campaigns and online sales.
The Sales team is dedicated to selling the products that help shape key business decisions around the world. From banks to government agencies, investment funds, accounting firms and more, you’ll take pride in selling news information, data, services and tools to leading companies and individuals across the globe, plus post-sales support for basic to advanced users.
Dow Jones is looking for an experienced and talented leader to shape the next period of growth for the
branded content sales team.
The Executive Director of Content Specialty Sales is the internal and external product champion for
sponsorships and branded content for Dow Jones. This person will be accountable for increasing revenue
across the Dow Jones portfolio of media brands and responsible for developing and executing a holistic
sales strategy across all platforms.
The position will support the Media Sales and Marketing team and with their deep product knowledge,
identify new growth opportunities, manage senior relationships and work closely with The Custom
Studios team to develop award-winning programs.
• Manage a team of Client Solutions Specialists across multiple specialties on a day-to-day basis;
set goals and track performance of a team
• Deliver deep product & industry knowledge and insight in a sales environment
• Manage sales materials coordination and development for media solutions and partnership
propositions including custom content
• Build product profile/awareness with internal sales and sales development teams
• Support product sell-in, working with sector specific client relationship managers
• Engage clients and agencies directly, driving custom content revenue
• Coordinating pre and post meeting prep
• Liaise closely with the internal product teams and add value to the RFP cycle, which includes idea
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in managing complex media sales with hands-on experience
of solution selling to business level decision makers.
• BA or BS degree preferred
• Comfortable in all selling situations and in interfacing directly with senior decision making clients.
• Deep understanding of custom content, plus other digital, mobile and print products.
• Keen awareness of social and social amplification options and vendors.
• Quick study, a passionate team player with strong creative thinking and idea generation skills.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - MEDIA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com