Join a fast-paced, multimedia sales team that understands how to talk about premium content and integrated solutions, as well as high impact campaigns and online sales.
The Sales team is dedicated to selling the products that help shape key business decisions around the world. From banks to government agencies, investment funds, accounting firms and more, you’ll take pride in selling news information, data, services and tools to leading companies and individuals across the globe, plus post-sales support for basic to advanced users.
Dow Jones, the world’s premier publisher of online business and financial news including The
Wall Street Journal Online, Barron’s Online and MarketWatch, has an exciting career
opportunity available as a Advertising Operations Analyst within the Strategic Planning &
Delivery (SP&D) team. As an Advertising Operations Analyst, you will play a critical role in
developing and delivering business intelligence and presenting actionable reporting and
analysis to drive measurable, profitable decisions across the SP&D team. The ideal candidate
will have a passion for data, strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a solid understanding
of how the digital ecosystem works.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Development and management of comprehensive data-driven digital reporting and
storytelling: such as, site health, campaign monitoring, ad quality
● Create/maintain reports for use by the Revenue Operations team
● Query large datasets, and combine disparate data, using analytics software or SQL to
deliver actionable insights (qualitative and quantitative), which would empower internal
teams to understand their KPIs, equip them to make informed, data-driven decisions
and drive optimization
● Collaborate with internal departments on ad hoc reporting needs
● Identify thresholds and benchmarks that can be used to trigger alerts
● Collaborate with the Performance Analytics and Custom Studios departments to
setup/QA analytics tracking
● Understand roadmaps and overall business KPI prioritization
● Identify opportunities and implement solutions that provide efficiencies
● Communicate performance and articulate in concise narrative with clear actionable
takeaways for stakeholders
● Measure success (ROI, Conversion) of digital advertising campaigns, offers and other
marketing programs via attribution models, mixed media modeling and custom
● Solid understanding of digital systems including, or similar to: DoubleClick for Publishers,
YieldEx, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Moat, SalesForce, Google Cloud Suite
● Experience with any industry leading BI tools such as Domo or Tableau preferred
● Expert level Excel or Google Sheets data modeling experience
● Experience working with query languages, such as SQL, preferred
● Strong capacity to work with internal partners to improve processes and develop best
● Ability to multi-task and work efficiently within a fast-paced environment
● Ability to communicate with non-technical and technical professionals
● Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem solving skills
● Must be detail oriented, a self-starter and highly motivated
● BA/BS College degree preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - MEDIA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com