Dow Jones, the world’s premier publisher of online business and financial news including The Wall Street Journal Online, Barron’s Online and MarketWatch, has an exciting career opportunity available as a Advertising Operations Analyst within the Strategic Planning & Delivery (SP&D) team. As an Advertising Operations Analyst, you will play a critical role in developing and delivering business intelligence and presenting actionable reporting and analysis to drive measurable, profitable decisions across the SP&D team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data, strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a solid understanding of how the digital ecosystem works.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Development and management of comprehensive data-driven digital reporting and storytelling: such as, site health, campaign monitoring, ad quality
● Create/maintain reports for use by the Revenue Operations team
● Query large datasets, and combine disparate data, using analytics software or SQL to deliver actionable insights (qualitative and quantitative), which would empower internal teams to understand their KPIs, equip them to make informed, data-driven decisions and drive optimization
● Collaborate with internal departments on ad hoc reporting needs
● Identify thresholds and benchmarks that can be used to trigger alerts
● Collaborate with the Performance Analytics and Custom Studios departments to setup/QA analytics tracking
● Understand roadmaps and overall business KPI prioritization
● Identify opportunities and implement solutions that provide efficiencies
● Communicate performance and articulate in concise narrative with clear actionable takeaways for stakeholders
● Measure success (ROI, Conversion) of digital advertising campaigns, offers and other marketing programs via attribution models, mixed media modeling and custom reporting
● Solid understanding of digital systems including, or similar to: DoubleClick for Publishers, YieldEx, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Moat, SalesForce, Google Cloud Suite
● Experience with any industry leading BI tools such as Domo or Tableau preferred
● Expert level Excel or Google Sheets data modeling experience
● Experience working with query languages, such as SQL, preferred
● Strong capacity to work with internal partners to improve processes and develop best practices
● Ability to multi-task and work efficiently within a fast-paced environment
● Ability to communicate with non-technical and technical professionals
● Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem solving skills
● Must be detail oriented, a self-starter and highly motivated
● BA/BS College degree preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: MEDIA SALES
Job Category: Sales Ops/Planning/Support Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 23465